Tender, sweet and perfectly digestible, the carrot has all the qualities to please your baby! It is also often the first vegetable he discovers at the time of diversification. And from a nutritional point of view, it has many assets. We tell you everything!
Mouliné for babies
- From the food diversification, mix in soups and purées carrot, cooked alone or with another vegetable. Exceptionally rich in carotenes, it is very beneficial for the growth and health of the skin.
- It also reabsorbs mild diarrhea, at the rate of half a plate of puree (without milk or butter!) at 6 months, and a plate after 12 months.
Raw from 1 year
- Around 12-14 monthswhen his teeth are functional, offer him a raw carrot salad, finely grated and seasoned with yoghurt.
Its dietary virtues
- Carrots look good with their rich carotene, or provitamin A, a natural antioxidant that helps protect the skin.
- It is also rich in fiber promoting transit and vitamin K useful for blood clotting.
- Although moderately energetic, it offers an interesting contribution in carbohydrates and mineral salts.
- New and organic, just brush it with water instead of peeling it to get the most out of its nutrients.
Ephemeral and fragile
- The freshest, therefore the most vitaminized, are the firmest to the touch and those whose tops are straight. To avoid losing any of their qualities, keep them for two days at the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Blanched 3 minutes in boiling waterthey support the freezing well. Rinse them simply before use (without peeling them) and cook them.
- Raw, the carrot keeps intact all its vitamins, but do not grate too much in advance because it may oxidize in the air.